Monday, December 21, 2009

Tori Amos Little Earthquakes track by track


The first time I hear Tori Amos I was annoyed. It sounded whiny and boring. That was 1992 when her real debut Little Earthquakes was released. I think that I really was annoyed with my friend that used to play Tori Amos. She played her over and over and over all while being extremely annoying herself. A couple years later, I have it another chance and fell in love with her lyrics and quiet beauty. I still think it is her best album.
Rolling Stone online just published a great interview with Tori. In the article she comments on all the tracks and tells some backstory. It is a short album dissection. Its rare to hear an artist speak about a full album in this way. If your a fan, check it out. Here is the link:
http://www.rollingstone.com/news/story/31444342/tori_amos_trackbytrack_guide_to_little_earthquakes

No comments: