Sunday, December 6, 2009

Anticipated Albums for 2010

Yep, I'm already thinking of 2010. I'm one of those nerds that stalks release dates and even puts them in my iphone to remind myself.
Here are some albums I'm really looking forward to next year.




CHARLOTTE GAINSBOURG + BECK
Released 01/26





I think this is really going to be an interesting music partnership. First Charlotte partnered with Air for her last great album 5:55, now Beck. Who's next?





MIDLAKE
Released 02/01













Midlakes last album The Trials of Van Occupanther was a great album with flavors of an all male Fleetwood Mac singing in a cabin in the woods.






ERYKAH BADU
02/23











Erykah rarely disappoints and this new album New Amerykah Pt 2: Return of the Ankh will be no exception. I have heard that the Pt 1 was more experimental and this one was going to be more straight forward(which I am craving). I heard there is also another album in the works titled "Lowdown Loretta Brown" and is supposed to sound like classic, blues, etc.






GOLDFRAPP
03/23








GoldFrapp is always interesting. I don't know that they are always great, but they are always good. I think their first album is still the best, but I have really enjoyed their more electro sounds. After the last psychedelic trip they took us on, this one I hear is a return to dance music. We shall see! The first single Rocket is out on March 8th.


SCISSOR SISTERS
TBD

If you have not looked at scissorsisters.com lately, you should. The band has been posting teaser videos for months. Some are pretty funny and some are actual bits of music. Either way, its fun to see them in the studio.

SHE AND HIM
TBD

I loved, loved, loved the first album. I think I actually played it our for myself a little bit. M.Ward is so talented and Zooey is just the cutest thing ever. I can' t wait to hear what they cook up for Vol. 2. Hopefully more country/girl group/am radio sounds.

CATPOWER
TBD

I have read that Chan Marshall is returning to her guitar and piano and doing an album of original work and putting away the covers for a bit. This one is going to be like the old stuff and less about her blues band. I think we are all wanting a return to form for Catpower.



No comments: