Sunday, July 25, 2010

Hole show review



Hole Show: July 11th 2010 at The Fillmore Detroit


When I went to see Hole in Detroit on July 11th I expected to see drama, a mess, maybe boring and possibly tedious, but instead I got a tight, confident rock performer who knew how to interact with her audience and have a good time. I was very surprised. I got to see the show that I wanted to see. I think for the first time in a long time I think that Courtney Love may actually be clean. She gave us a great show that lasted at least an hour and a half despite rumors of previous shows MAYBE lasting one hour. She opened with Pretty On The Inside from the first Hole album and then moved on to a pretty great cover of Sympathy for the Devil. Her third song was Skinny Little Bitch which is the first single of her new album Nobody's Daughter. Through out the show she played favorites such as Doll Parts, Miss World, Celebrity Skin and Malibu. My favorite song performed was Asking for It from Live Through This. Courtney was amused by all the panties and bras that were thrown on stage to her. Twice she held up two pairs of what she called "granny panties" but then went into comments on how she loved big girls, etc. She called all this fan love her "lingerie shopping across America", so apparently this happens a lot. It was a good show, solid but with a bit more drama it could have been a great show. Overall, I was happy to see that Courtney can still rock.

No comments: