Saturday, July 31, 2010

Aimee Mann does fall tour and I'm going

I, like many people, became a fan of Aimee Mann after her soundtrack for Magnolia. I was familiar with a few Til' Tuesday tracks from my youth in the 80's, but it was not until I fell in love with the grand film and the music in it, that I grew a love for her. I have picked up every album since then, The Forgotten Arm being my favorite. I hear that she is lovely in concert and I will finally get my chance to experience it on September 21st. Aimee will be playing The Ark in Ann Arbor, MI. The Ark is a VERY small venue, so I feel very lucky to be seeing her there for my first show with her. Here are the other dates so you can catch her too. Below is info directly from her own site.

AIMEE FALL TOUR!

JUNE 22, 2010

AIMEE MANN FALL 2010
Aimee is hitting the road this September! She'll be cruising through the The Twin Cities, The Windy City, Steel City, Music City, Marble City, The Druid City, and the City by the Bay (with side trips to River City, Fat City, Sim City, as well as Brockway, Ogdenville and North Haverbrook, if time permits.)

September 13-15, 2010 The Dakota Minneapolis, MN (TIX TBA)
September 17, 2010 Prairie Center for the Arts Schaumburg, IL (TIX TBA)
September 18 - 19, 2010 Old Town School of Folk Music Chicago, IL (Pre-sale starts 7/23)
September 21, 2010 The Ark, MI (TIX ON SALE)
September 22, 2010 Hazlett Theater Pittsburgh, PA (TIX PRE-SALE)
September 24, 2010 The Orange Peel Asheville, NC (TIX TBA)
September 25, 2010 Variety Playhouse Atlanta, GA (TIX PRE-SALE)
September 26, 2010 Bijou Theatre Knoxville, TN (TIX TBA)
September 29, 2010 The Bama Theatre Tuscaloosa, AL (TIX PRE-SALE)
October 7 - 9, 2010 Yoshi's San Francisco, CA
October 10, 2010 The Uptown Theatre Napa, CA (TIX TBA)

All dates subject to change. Check local listings.

No comments: