Sunday, March 6, 2011

Tennis is a husband and wife team serving up bubblegum

Tennis is one of my new favorite bands. They are one of those husband and wife bands. From what I read, they got each other, got on a sailboat and wrote a record. The results are easy, fun and upbeat. It has shades of She and Him, 60's girl groups, surf rock and overall retro vibe. I don't know why I'm so obsessed with the 60's California/Girl groups sound. Must be all the snow this winter. Not much depth here, just good summertime jams. I picked it up on Vinyl and it sounds great, although the cover looks like an American Apparel ad. Here is a taste. It is a song called Marathon:


Here's a little listen:

1 comment:

O Arrow said...

It does look like American Apparel! But it sounds good, like you said, for summer listening.