Thursday, April 5, 2012

Azealia Banks. Now, this is fresh!

Azealia Banks has been making waves for quite some time now. She got bloggers and music journalists really talking with her video for 212(see below). I'll have to say, I loved it right away. I have not really listened to Rap, per se, in quite some time. I loved Rap when I was younger and always female Rap. Salt N Pepe, Roxanne Shante, MC Lyte, all those girls were the baddest bitches. Later I was a fan of Lil' Kim and Missy Elliot, but overall grew away from the genre. Azealia is the one that is bringing me back. She has amazing rhymes, fierce beats, dirty words and is super cute to boot! Her album does not drop until September but she does have an EP titled 1991 coming out April 17th. She is rumored to be working with Kanye and Lana Del Rey as well. If you have not heard it, here is the video everyone is talking about 212.


No comments: