Friday, October 8, 2010

The XX cover Robin S and why the hell did I miss this tour?

The XX is one of my favorite bands of recent years. Their quite, intimate sound is unique and compelling. I wondered what they would be like live but admit not curious enough to drive 4 or 5 hours to see their show. What a mistake. They recently have been on tour with both Warpaint and Zola Jesus, two of my new favorite acts. If this tour had come to Detroit, no doubt I would have attended, but skipping us and and going to Chicago and other cities, I did not make an effort. Well, this will go on to my list of best tours I missed along with PJ Harvey/Tricky tour, Nina Simone last tour and others.
Here is one example why, this is The XX covering the 90's dance hit "Show me Love" by Robin S. I totally loved this song in the 90's and I love that they are doing it. They mix it in after their song Shelter. The cover starts at about 3:20. Enjoy!

1 comment:

Tracie said...

oh man, I was just listening to an old mix with Robin S. "show me love". I loved that song! Will have to check out the remake!