Friday, October 8, 2010

I finally like Black Mountain

Many, many of my friends love Black Mountain. It seems everyone has seen them live and everyone talks about how they are one of their favorite bands. Well, I always thought they were OK, but did not really take a good listen. I just figured they were a really great 60/70's, psychedelic throwback band and well, that's never really been my thing. I was wrong. Listening to the new album Wilderness Heart has made me a believer in the driving, heavy metal, but also often earthy and bluesy sound. Anyone that knows me, knows I'm a sucker for a strong female voice and Amber Webber is pretty awesome. Her vocals layered with lead singer Stephen McBean, its pretty much a 1-2 punch. Some of my favorites on this new album are The Hair Song, Buried by the Blues, Sadie and title track Wilderness Heart. So, even if you were like me and was not convinced with their first two albums, do yourself a favor and listen to this new amazing album. You might change your mind too. Here is a video from the new album, its for the single The Hair Song.


2 comments:

Carey said...

Dusty, check out Pink Mountaintops as well. They're a sort of sister band to Black Mountain, and I think you'd like them.

Unknown said...

I love that video. Really like the song too.