Sunday, January 24, 2010

I have given in to the GaGa

So, I lasted about a year before I have finally give Lady GaGa a chance. Initially I was not impressed, seemed like just another pop princess making bad electro pop. Even though some of the outfits, things on stage she was doing and her overall presentation seemed better than her music, she still seemed annoying and tried too hard. Then I started to read actual decent reviews of her music. Pitchfork became a fan of her new single Bad Romance, the guys from Sound Opinions both gave her album a Buy It on their rating scale and Rolling Stone proclaimed her the future of pop. After all this I caught her video for the mentioned song on TV and it was fun and a little crazy. After watching the full video and hearing Bad Romance in its entirety, I could not get the catchy song out of my head. I am giving it a chance. God knows she is huge right now and seems a bit smarter than the Britneys and Pinks. I just wish Perez Hilton was not her best friend. Still trying to get over that.
Here is the infectious video that brainwashed me into buying her new repackaged album, The Fame Monster.

Bad Romance:

1 comment:

O Arrow said...

She's fun and catchy, what's not to like about that?