Sunday, January 2, 2011

My favorite tracks of 2010

Here are some of my favorite tracks of 2010. These are tracks that were either the stand out of an album I had higher hopes for, were off sound tracks or from artists that are new or don't have proper albums.

Gossip-Heavy Cross
*This is off the album, Music for Men. I really wanted this album to be better. It was not bad, but Rick Rubin really took all the grit and soul out of Beth Ditto. A Hard thing to do I would imagine. This track was my favorite off the album.

GoldFrapp-Dreaming
*Goldfrapp decided to do a tribute to the 80's in this synth pop dance record. It was a little too candy coated for me. But I did think this song was pretty damn good, much better than lead off track Rocket.

Erykah Badu-Window Seat
*This was a really good album. It was a slow groove, slight throwback to the Baduism days. It was funky, cool and fun. Just wish it had a little more pop appeal like the first single. Also, this video had a controversy all its own because of the nudity and the fact that it was filmed at the sight of the JFK assassination.

Zola Jesus-Sea Talk
*Zola Jesus has been named "one to watch in 2011" on nearly every list of that kind. In the US she released to critically acclaimed EP's and she toured with The XX. It is hard to believe that this talent is only 21.


No comments: